- Abstracts can only be submitted via the online abstracts submission services and must be received by the deadline.
- Abstracts sent by fax or email will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be submitted (and will be presented) in English.
- Abstracts must be original scientific research neither been published in a peer-reviewed journals nor presented at an international meeting prior to the NBCC2019 (in print or electronically).
- There is no limitation to the number of abstracts an author or group of authors may submit.
- The abstract graders are required to identify abstracts pertaining to commercial promotion of a proprietary product, to notify the selection committee.
- At least one of the authors of the abstract must be registered for the Congress (=abstract presenter), preferably the first author (=assumed abstract presenter).
- In all cases, the presenter must be part of the authors list included in the submitted abstract. If none of the authors are able to present the abstract during the congress, the abstract should be withdrawn.
- The same presenter cannot be assigned to more than 3 abstracts – co-authors should then be assigned as presenters.
- The submitter certifies and warranties that he/she has a permission from all the persons he/she enters as co-authors to be listed in this abstract and that they are aware that their names will appear in all publications.
- The author/submitter affirms that the work submitted is original, except for extracts from copyrighted works fully authorized by the copyright holders, and that all statements declared as facts are based on thorough examination and investigation for accurateness.
After having submitted your abstract, you will receive an immediate automatic confirmation by email (please make sure to state your correct email address!). Please, check your junk email box in case the notification email cannot be found in your inbox/received emails.
Changes and corrections
- You can save the draft of the abstract and continue later after you have filled in the e-mail address of the presenting/first author.
- Your abstract will be saved only as a draft if you do not press the submit button. Abstracts that are in draft status after the deadline cannot be processed and therefore will not be considered for selection.
Do not forget to click on the Submit button to validate your abstract/clinical case submission.
- Once submitted, it is not possible to make any corrections to the abstract content or information. In the case of errors discovered after the deadline, you may indicate the correction during the presentation at the congress.
If you want to withdraw an abstract already submitted, please notify the congress secretariat as quickly as possible at email@example.com.
Submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the author(s) to present the work if accepted. Failure to present and register for the Congress, if not justified (=withdrawn), will be identified as “no-show” and “no-show” will be removed from the congress proceedings.
Publication of abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be made available online on the NBCC2019 website (scientific programme) one week before and during the time of the meeting. Abstracts will not be published otherwise.
Until presentation at NBCC2019 accepted abstracts should not be published in any peer-reviewed journals and/or online publications or presented at any international congresses. However, former presentation at national meetings and/or non cardiovascular specialists meetings does not disqualify.
- All abstracts will be blind-reviewed by members of the scientific committee (graders). The abstracts are graded based on their scientific merit and originality. The final selection determining also the day and time of presentation will be made by the NBCC2019 Congress Scientific Committee in March 2019.
- Any late or inappropriately formatted submissions will be rejected.
- Accepted abstracts are presented as poster presentations.
- All abstract submitters (first author) will be notified by e-mail by April 14th about the outcome (accepted or not accepted) of the review and selection process. If the abstract is accepted, instructions and guidelines concerning the abstract presentation will be provided online.
Presenters / presentations
- The presenter of the abstract will have a reduced registration fee for the congress.
- All expenses (travel and accommodation….) associated with the submission and presentation of an abstract, are under the responsibility of the presenter. We encourage the Nordic and Baltic abstract presenters to apply grants from their respective national cardiac society.
- Posters should be hung during the 1st day of the congress (by 13.00). Posters will be on display during Monday and Tuesday (June 10 and 11). All poster presenters are expected to be available by their posters during poster sessions to discuss the content.
January 17, 2019: On-line service is opened
February 28, 2019: Abstract submission deadline
April 14, 2019: The abstract acceptance/rejection information will be sent by e-mail to the presenting/first author’s e-mail.
April 21, 2019: Early-bird registration fee dead-line is April 21st, 2019.
If you have any questions on these submission guidelines or encounter any problems in submitting your abstract, please contact the NBCC2019 Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Abstract information
Select the preferred category
– Poster, Basic science
– Poster, Clinical research
– Poster, Nursing
Organizers reserve the right to decide the final category.
Create a title for your abstract. There are separate spaces to fill in the title, authors and abstract text. So, do not include the authors or institutions to the title space.
- Do not bold, italicize, underline, superscript or subscript any items in the title
- Do not capitalize the first letter of all major words.
- Do not use abbreviations in the title
- Brand names of the medical products should not be used in the poster title
- Space for the title is 25 words.
Step 2: Abstract authors
Enter the author information in the order you wish them to be listed in the abstract. Carefully check each authors information before adding them to the list with pressing the “Add author” button. The order of the authors can only be changed if the names are deleted and re-entered.
Remember to mark the first/presenting author and fill in all information for this person. The submitting author will be notified about the outcome of the review and selection process.
For other authors you will only need to fill in the mandatory fields and when needed, also the department.
Names and initials should be properly capitalized. Names should not be all upper or lower case. The field for initials does not need to be filled in unless you want an initial as part of your name.
E-mail addresses are not validated for correctness. Please, make sure that the e-mail address is properly formatted. Note that the e-mail address of the first/presenting author will be used to send the link if you wish to save the draft and continue later.
Press Save draft, Continue or Back
Step 3: Abstract Content
Use the following partition/headings in your text:
Aim: In an initial paragraph, provide relevant information regarding the background and purpose of the study, preferably in only one or two sentences.
Methods: Briefly state the methods used.
Results: Summarize the results in sufficient detail to support the conclusions.
Conclusions: State the conclusions reached. It is not satisfactory to state: “The results will be discussed”.
Limit use of acronyms and abbreviations. Define at first use with acronym or abbreviation in parentheses.
Total space for content is 400 words including the authors, institutions and text sections. Characters from the title space are not included the total amount. Abstract must conform to specific size limits. If the space allocated is exceeded, the program will inform this as pressing the continue button (“Table content is not valid or maximum total length is exceeded”).
We recommend that you clean your Word document text (.doc) by copying the text to the Notepad or similar program and save it as .rtf file. Then copy the text to the Abstract submission form. This will ensure that the text will not include any special characters, bold letters etc. and therefore the jamming of the system is therefore less likely to happen.
The following characters can be used as they are in the text: ≥ ≤ > <. Some most common special characters can be found from the Abstract Content page; copy the needed character and place it to the text (© Σ ω ε β α ±).
Are you receiving invalid input message? This is probably due to having special characters or for example bold letters in the text. Read the text above about the special characters and clean your text before placing it.
Do not include the following to the Abstract text
* names of persons
* names of institute or company
* website or e-mail addresses
* trademarks; the use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks is strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation.
*copyright or trademark symbols
Create the table using other programs and attach the table as a picture (jpeg, gif) in the abstract appendix section (content page).
Abstract Appendix, attach an image
You can only attach pictures which fill in the requirements i.e. image size less than 1 MB and format either jpeg or gif.
There should be no white space or border around the graphic.
Browse the correct file, choose it and enter by pressing “Upload”. If not succeeding, check the image size and format. The system might ask you to change the name of the file as the it stores all the images in to the same file and some other author might earlier have used the same named file. If so, please use other name for your file, preferable including your name (Lastnamepic1.jpeg).
If you receive message “Invalid attachment/input” after the upload, the image size is probably too big, even though the file size would seem to be correct. Fix your picture in a suitable program (image, size/resize).
Press Save draft, Continue or Back
Step 4: Abstract preview
Press “Print abstract” to review it. You can return to the previous steps and make corrections at this point
– please, note that this is not the final abstract; you will receive the link to the final abstract in the thank you message after pressing submit and choosing Print from there.
Note: the preview does not show the names of attached files. If you return to the “edit content” page and the attachments are shown there as uploaded attachments, then the attachments will be safely submitted when you press “submit”.
►The file will appear as pop-up file. If your computer blocks the pop-up files, you need to temporarily allow them to appear in order to have the file for check-up and print.
After printing the proof
- make the needed corrections (especially check the special/mathematical characters) by clicking the correct section “Edit information”, “Edit authors” or “Edit content”
- mark your acceptance to the rules and regulations and
- press submit. After this there is no possibility to make changes/updates to the abstract.
Your abstract has then been sent. Save the copy of the submitted abstract for your own records by pressing the Print -link at the thank you message appearing to the screen.